Tuesday, May 5, 2009

New Quilt!

I signed up yesterday for another class at my local quilt shop. Although I would love to work on my quilts independently, realistically I do much better in a class. Then I have set goals and assignments, and the quilt comes to fruition much faster. Otherwise, I just daydream and dilly-dally over patterns and fabrics and I don't do anything except think about quilts.

So this one is the Bento Box quilt, and class starts on Thursday. I started my fabric selection yesterday, purchased 11 fat quarters, and already I'm changing my color scheme. I guess this is okay, since I really do need to pad my fabric stash. I have such a difficult time finding fabrics I like at our local shops. It could be that I'm too picky, but they tend to have very limited selection of more modern prints. So I end up shopping around at several shops around the county, and then purchasing some online... no time for an online purchase for this quilt, so I'll have to rely on my local resources.

Originally I was going for greens and blues, then I transitioned to greens, yellows, and oranges. Then I came home, and my husband suggested that I make the quilt for our bed... Which would change the palette to browns, peaches, and oranges... Hm...

I love the Bento Box quilts by Amanda Jean and Swim Notes, so I'm planning on using white as my lighter colors as well.

I'll update on my progress as things move along. I hope there's progress. I hope I'm able to keep up with the class! This is my first quilt since Ash was born, so time is a bit more difficult to manage these days!

No comments:

Post a Comment